Elle Decoration British Design Awards
The ELLE Decoration British Design Awards 2012 celebrates the best British designs of the year and is dedicated to promoting and supporting the nation’s industry and talent.
The top six designs were voted for by ELLE Decoration readers, John Lewis customers and Telegraph magazine readers from a shortlist of 30 amazing products and buildings. The six favourite designs reflect the best of Britain both past and present, from the country’s rich heritage of hand illustration to the hi-tech designs of the current Olympic year.
Hosted by Michelle Ogundehin, Editor-in-Chief of ELLE Decoration, the awards attracted more than 250 guests and an array of awe-inspiring British design talent. Celebrities included: Pearl Lowe, Nicky Haslam, Kelly Hoppen, Roland Mouret and Ed Vaizey, UK Minister for Culture, Communications and the Creative Industries.
The ELLE Decoration British Design Awards 2012 winners, in order of votes, are:
1. Olympic Velodrome by Hopkins Architects
2. Olympic Torch by Barber Osgerby
3. Western Concourse at King’s Cross Station by John McAslan & Partners
4. ‘Harvest Hare’ Wallpaper by Mark Hearld
5. ‘Tetra Shed’ by Innovation Imperative
6. ‘Crystal Bulb’ by Lee Broom